kirbs

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Champions Again

On Sunday Arsenal (click if you're brave enough) clinched the premiership having gone unbeaten all season, the Manchester Utd fans have gone very quiet.

Life at the moment is a bit of a whirl wind generally lots of good things going on but lots is the operative word.

My quest to start a Poker night is gaining momentum as the manager of the Autumn House has agreed that a non money passing game can take place. Ian, the manager, turned up at a party at my next door neighbours the other day and he continues to show us a lot of favour when we meet for Holy Space. (Eric I'm reading a book called Poker Nation at the moment, but I still don't understand the game...)

Met up with Jason Clark in town today. It was good to hear about his latest church planting plans. Having read a couple of books lately that just seem to be saying the same old stuff, the more who are actually getting on and doing something the better.

I'm feeling pleased with myself 'cos I've just managed to book a surprise weekend for Sue's birthday in June in Dublin. It won't be a surprise for long, 'cos I'm not much good at hiding things.

The highlight of this week is going to be marrying Sophie and Nathan on Saturday. They're two good friends who are part of the Emerging Leaders group that I run. It'll be fun!