kirbs

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Holy Space and other stuff

Just enjoyed another Holy Space. It was feedback from Thailand time and I love the informality and the growing sense of community, at the Autumn House. The staff are increasingly warming to us, and conversations with them are getting deeper.

A couple of things lately including Thailand and Andrew W's post have got my thinking more about the communal nature of faith. I wonder if the past emphasis on personal commitment and personal spirtuality has contributed to the consumer attitude towards church & faith. Don't get me wrong I think that it's important that we make our own choices about following Jesus, but I'm intrigued as to how the body of Christ looks when it really functions as a body working together for the common good, rather than individuals "working" for themselves.

The team time away in Thailand was a real priviledge because in 10 days we forged close bonds and a commitment to each other and the people over there that I haven't often seen or experienced. I know it was a bit like a holiday romance and would be hard to maintain at that level, but it was great being in a completely different culture with some good friends doing stuff that I've never done before.

Swimming in Waterfalls was definitely the icing on the cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home