kirbs

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

The Passion of the Christ

I saw the much talked about and hyped film the other day. I don't know about you but I do find that I get complacent about biblical stories that I've heard many times before and was concerned that I might even get bored during the film. (I know I'm shallow.) In fact if challenged me to think again about the cross, the sacrifice, Peter's denial, the spiritual battle & the last supper. For me it was a great preparation for Easter and my prayer as I went in was that the passion of the Christ would make me more passionate about the Christ, it helped.

On Friday Thomas was Jesus in his school assembly where they were acting out the stations of the cross. (Yeah I didn't know it was a Catholic school either and who is Veronica?) But seeing your own son being nailed to a cross also helps focus the mind and spirit.

Had an email from Malcolm in Thailand yesterday complete with pictures of completed building. Sam has graduated and is now the pastor of Wangjao, I look forward to seeing the pictures of a new community in the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home