kirbs

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Transformation beckons

Since Tuesday I've been in Liverpool at the New Wine leaders conference. It was good to catch up with some of my buddies and make a few new ones as well. Beer was only £1.10 a pint in one of the bars, so a few pints were consumed...

On Monday night, before we headed up North, Paul Cowley who I was at college with and heads up the Alpha for Prison and caring for ex-offender ministry, came over and spoke to our Emerging Leaders group. His testimony of personal transformation through the power of God, and his willingness to share his faith in prisons was inspiring. I've heard his story a few times but everytime I do it challenges me to talk about Jesus more.

At the conference I was reminded again about the need for us to get more passionate about Jesus and share the difference he's made and continues to make in our lives.

We got back this afternoon to discover the police had rung the church because a lady had committed suicide. We didn't know her, but some literature from the church and the church plant had been found in her flat. She may have been searching, sadly she didn't find the one who could have helped her. There are many hurting people out there who need more of the good news that we've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home