kirbs

Sunday, May 16, 2004

A Distant Visitor

This morning we had a visitor at St. B's who'd come all the way from Brixton (at least an hour on the tube) to visit Holy Space. Holy space meets fortnighty in a local pub, but it wasn't meeting this morning. I was intrigued as to where she'd found out about us from and why she'd come so far to meet us. Apparently she'd found us on the web (I have no idea where & the info obviously needs updating), and she's looking for an alt worship service.
Now I'm worried, not least because I don't think there's anything particularly alternative about what we're doing. It's a group of friends doing an informal version of church, in a more pleasant venue than usual. My desire is that we'd be a very accessible & very missional community. I'm happy for visitors to visit, but I'm more excited about those who are seeking Jesus than a worship experience.
I hope she won't be disappointed....

1 Comments:

  • awesome...

    ++send more++

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home