kirbs

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Gardening and Weddings - Bank Holiday Highlights

There's something very special about marrying your friends. Maybe it's because I'm still quite a newbie when it comes to doing weddings, but I really enjoy that "I therefore proclaim that they are husband and wife" bit. I think I'm begining to understand the spiritual dynamics involved in marriage more now that I'm thinking about other people's in a way that I've probably been guilty of taking my own marriage and it's spiritual dimensions for granted at times in the last 13 years. If you're reading this and married, make sure your protecting that relationship.

Here are Saturday's bride and groom.

Bank Holiday Monday was spent gardening and painting and as I wrestled with a tree stump that wouldn't come out, I realised the strength of deep roots. In the end I won the battle with the stump, and was challenged to ensure that my roots go deep enough that I won't give up without a struggle. Psalm 1 comes to mind.

P.S. I've come to the shocking realisation that I'm truly middle aged as I seem to spend all my free time gardening or decorating - come Lord Jesus...fast...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home