kirbs

Monday, February 07, 2005

Confirmation

The Bishop of Edmonton came and confirmed 11 of our members last night. Mainly young people with some fantastic testimonies of life changing encounters with Jesus. I got to play Bishop's chaplain and managed to keep a straight face through out, but was sorely tested towards the end when I had to hold the Bishop's crook, with the Bishop standing to my left and my good friend and colleague Rex bleating under his breath to my right. Two blogs in three days - next one will be about the 15 peaks challenge - I know you can barely wait.

2 Comments:

  • and there was me thinking it was a roll you craved!!! You looked so good alongside the bish - and held the crook so well. Job for life, if you want it!!!

    By Blogger Roy, at 11:02 PM  

  • Hi Simon, if you check my profile you will probably remember me. Just to say that in my previous job I played Bishops Chaplain at the British Medical Associations Conference, to the Bishop of Winchester who is about 6 ft 3. I had my usually array of peircings and coloured hair. I was also in a Church Army uniform when everyone else was in robes or academic gowns. The crook was twice as tall as me. Apparently the woman sat in front of my husband nodded approval at everyone else as they proceeded down the aisle but when they got to me at the back of the line she frowned with major dissapproval.

    By Blogger Diana, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home