kirbs

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Welcome Back

OK so much for more blogging this year - New Year's resolutions and all that. It's not that there hasn't been stuff to say, more like too much and never quite sure where to start. Thanks Roy, Rich, and John for missing me! Church plant possibilities are growing, the training programme is going well, then there's days like Thursday when you get to see Nelson Mandela in Trafalgar square.

He's an incredible man and even at 87 gave a powerful speech the full transcript can be found at The Times website. I was particularly struck by the following bit towards the end,

"We thank you for coming here today. Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.

"Of course the task will not be easy. But not to do this would be a crime against humanity, against which I ask all humanity now to rise up.
"Make Poverty History in 2005. Make History in 2005. Then we can all stand with our heads held high.
"Thank you."

I was there with our trainees and I'm hoping it's not too late for my generation, I certainly want to keep commiting to make sure there's gets greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home