kirbs

Thursday, July 22, 2004

The Holidays have Started

The boys have broken up and last night we had a rite of passage. We went out for their first curry just me and them (Sue doesn't do curry and was at the staff end of term party anyway). So a chicken tikka marsala, chicken kurma and lamb balti later their first lads curry night had been achieved. It was a great start to the holidays.

It's been a strange week it feels a bit like the calm before the storm with Soul in the City and New Wine. Over 9000 young people are now heading to London in the next couple of weeks to tackle loads of community projects. It's going to be tiring,  probably a little stressful but hopefully an amazing time as well.

In the midst of the craziness we had £900 taken from our bank account through a stolen cheque book fraud. Fortunately the bank have been great and the money was returned to us within 48 hours. At the same time a very good friend has had emergency surgery following an ectopic pregnancy, they have already suffered several miscarriages and it is one of those times when you find yourself pointing out to good that life really isn't fair.

Most surreal moment of the week was being called on at short notice to speak and give the "blessing" at a neighbouring parishes primary school leaving service. It's a pretty traditional church and I tried not to look too out of place in the fairly ornate robes (cameras were banned).

I think I got away with it...

Finally this blogging is a funny thing, I keep discovering friends who are writing, and being discovered by complete strangers including one who shares my name in Australia. Thanks Dave for the "I think you need to visit a blog-doctor and get a daily prescription......." reminder, although I think it's going to take more than a blog doctor. I'll make sure I at least pop in to your surgery regularly.

If you don't hear from me for a while I'll be dribbling in a darkened room as Sitc and New Wine hit with force.






2 Comments:

  • Simon it was great to meet up with you again at NWA, thanks for all the work you and hte team did at Em church. Hope you get a well deserved rest. Cheers.

    By Blogger Nick, at 2:50 PM  

  • awesome,

    we need a visit over there... you guys know how to hang

    By Blogger eric keck, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home