kirbs

Monday, July 05, 2004

Euro 2004 and stuff

It's been a mad but good couple of weeks. All my colleagues have headed off on holiday and I feel like the teenager left in charge, I've asked the congregation for suggestions of things we can change in their absence.

The following made me smile...(for more Euro cartoons check out Andrew Wallis' selection.)

Subject: Just Desserts


Ronaldo, Luis Figo and David Beckham are standing in Heaven before the throne of God. God looks at them and says; "And so here you face your Lord and maker. I shall ask each of you a question." Addressing Ronaldo first he asks,
"Ronaldo, one of the world's greatest football players, what is it that you believe brought you here before me?"
Ronaldo looks God in the eye and says passionately, "I believe football to be the food of life. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to so many people, from the slums of Rio to the bright lights of Madrid. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people, with little else, who stood on the terraces supporting their team."
God smiles and offers Ronaldo a seat to his left.
He then turns to Luis Figo, "And similarly you, Luis, a hero to so many, what do you think it was brought you to my throne?" Figo stands tall and proud, "I believe courage, honour and passion are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career providing a living embodiment of these commitments." God, moved by the passion of his speech offers Figo a seat to his right.

He then turns to Beckham, "And you, David. Presumably you want your ball back?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home