kirbs

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Mac or Dell a Strategic Conversation

Just spent a couple of days thinking about missional church stuff. Jonny Baker and the guys from CMS had facilitated a strategic conversation with Michael Frost and Alan Hirsch from Oz. I had some really useful chats about some of the training things that are happening and possible developments with New Wine and Form.

Most interestingly I discovered that you can't really be part of the Emerging Church unless you use a Mac. Now it so happens that the family PC which was hamster powered is no longer. We obviously didn't take good enough care of the hamster. So should I fall for the lure of the latest Dell Catalogue that falls from the Sunday Newspaper (OK so you now know that I'm not really part of the emerging church because of the ontological nature of my sunday reading matter) or should I go over to the mac side.

Come on Mac users tell me what all the fuss is about, then where I can get the best deal. I am a soul who is searching for the answers, can you help?

9 Comments:

  • the fact you even need to ask means you deserve a dell laptop ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

  • Luke, join the dark side!

    By Blogger Small Group, at 8:04 PM  

  • if your looking for a desktop check out the new G5 iMac, stylish, robust, powerful, cheap(ish-for what it is!!) and it'll probably look after your hamster too!!!

    By Blogger Tim , at 10:40 AM  

  • I have a dell laptop, thank you.....:-(

    By Blogger Simon, at 10:40 AM  

  • I use a Dell, but I admit the Mac looks cooler! I Believe God loves Dell users too!
    Youthblog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • I thought this was helpful purchasing advice:

    Macs are for posers with more cash than sense
    PCs are for practioners with more sense than cash

    (Mac user on my third replacement machine - and we have two others in the office that have been replaced!)

    Which are you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

  • I've just switched, and went for a 12" ibook. I'm in bed feeling distinctly ill, and I've been online for well over 2 hours. The bettery is still fine and the ibook is light on my fat tummy! Battery power is at 58% and I'm surfing on airport extreme. Mac OS X is great and easy to set up. My dell laptop for work would have died about half an hour ago, and I would be in pain due to the weight!

    I got it from www.2ndchancepc.co.uk as an ex-demo machine, direct from Apple, and saved the cost of an airport card. Great machines, great OS, and simple. Go for it!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • I was inspired and wrote a rant on this...

    http://soundorganic.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Alex Wegman, at 8:18 AM  

  • Si it was a great pitch, and led to this online discussion. I'm just overwhelmed that I've actually managed to get a discussion going. I feel like I'm a real blogger at last. Just a little disappointed that none of my other posts have produced this frenzied response.....

    By Blogger Simon, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home