kirbs

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

1 Birthday,2 Funerals and lots of school visits

It's been a craaaazy few days. Thomas was 11 on Sunday and the weekend involved Pizza, sleepovers, aqua splash swimming pools, and visits from the family. It was a great time but slightly shocking at how quickly we got to 11. I know I'm sounding like my parents but time flies..Today I buried an 88 year old and a 94 year old (that doubled my tally of funerals for the year), but there's nothing quite like a funeral to focus the mind on what you're going to achieve in however long you've got here, and how quickly the time's going to go...

Form starts next week and we've got 6 trainees coming at the moment. 3 UK & 3 Swedes with possibly a 4th Swede on the way as well. It's an interesting time from a training point of view as following the The Shaping Of Things to Come Conference next week, I'm going to be chatting with a number of UK bods about the development of missional training opportunities/programmes. It does feel like it's quite an opportune time as New Wine think through their training programmes with a view to advertising things a little better.

I'm really looking forward to a New Wine 24 hour younger leaders forum that I'm helping to facilitate Thursday through Friday at Nettle Hill near Coventry. About 20 younger leaders are going to get together, chat, pray, drink beer and hear from John Chapman who helped keep me sane during my training. He's going to share some insights on feeding our Souls from the Bendictine and Celtic traditions.

Now I'm off to defeat Darth Vader and the Clone Army on the PS2 in Starwars: Battlefront, which was definitely the best Birthday present as it allows me to return to my childhood, on a day when I'm feeling older by the second!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Simon dont think we've talked before. I am about to start working with Martin R at TiM (researching into emerging stuff outside of existing church structures), and I am assuming that because you have been involved with organising the Hirsch/Frost tour you already know Martin? Thus you would know about the MA in Missional leadership which they have put together? Incase not: http://www.togetherinmission.org/
    If you are also in Birmingham I may see you there.

    By Blogger Simple Social Worker, at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home