kirbs

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Holy Lands


I've just returned from an amazing week in the Holy Lands. The Bishop of Edmonton took about 20 recently ordained clergy (4th years snuck in by a whisker) for a week's pilgrimmage visiting sites around Israel. I feel I've learnt huge amounts and am quite embarrassed about my ignorance of the geography and the political situation before I left. While I'm not now claiming to be an expert, having met a number of Palestinian Christians some in the occupied territories, I feel that I have a more balanced perspective than before I left.

We visited some beautiful places and highlights included an open air communion on the shores of the sea of Galilee, a football game in an orphanage in Bethany and a visit to a recreated 1st century Nazareth village in Nazareth. The weather was great so much so that a couple of us even had a very quick dip in the sea of Galilee.

A couple of photos here and more at the side.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Some would see it as investment but hey I'm biased..

    By Blogger Simon, at 1:38 PM  

  • Now I've worked out who Dave is please ignore his comments he has caffeine induced blog rage. The rage is calmed if you visit his web site at www.eacoffee.co.uk. Please buy lots of his coffee so that he can subsidise my next holiday.

    By Blogger Simon, at 4:37 PM  

  • Good to see the photos of Israel - a mix of bounty, beauty and obvious difficulty.

    catch up with you soon,

    Love, cal XXX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home