kirbs

Friday, December 22, 2006

Tagged

Ok I've been tagged twice now in 24 hours by Tony and What's your point caller so I'm succumbing to this pressure and trying to think of 5 interesting things you probably don't know about me.

1. Last night Sue and I had a great night out with a few friends at the Jazz Cafe in Camden watching LCGC doing their Christmas show. That saves me doing a separate blog about what was an incredible evening in a great venue. I can honestly say I've never enjoyed singing Ding Dong merrily on high quite as much as when we joined in their "salsa" version.

2. While at bible college I trained to be a pool lifeguard and worked for a summer in a local leisure centre - nobody drowned.

3. I was born in Cardiff in Wales and left after 6 months - I didn't have a lot of say in the decision. The welsh roots do go deeper as my mum's mum was pure welsh descended from Thomas Thomas of the valleys. However I feel truly British as her husband was a pure Scot from Glasgow, and my Dad's parents were both from Lancashire. I do support England when they play anyone else.

4. I lived for a month with my family, on the Peguis Native American Indian reserve north of Winnipeg when training for ordination, looking at how the Church did or didn't do cross cultural mission. It was a fantastic experience for us as a family and we were hosted by Barry and Freda Bear of the Diocese of Rupertsland..surreal.

5. I once got stuck up a flag pole when the flag I was trying to raise put up some serious resistanace. I tried to climb the pole to rescue the flag that had blown free, slipped and ended up suspended by a hook that ripped through my trousers. It was hugely embarrassing but 25 years later I feel released sharing this with the world.

Happy Christmas one and all.


2 Comments:

  • Simon, am disappointed that as a welshman you have abandoned your true roots and turned to the english!

    I wanted to comment on your post to say you should still be embarassed about no.5, that's pretty silly :-)

    Have a good one

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 AM  

  • Harsh but fair..I haven't completely abandoned the roots as I'm never disappointed if Wales beat England, however at the same time I do feel more English than welsh. I do like having the Celtic blood though.

    I have decided never to get stuck up a flag pole again..

    Have a good one yourself

    By Blogger Simon, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home