kirbs

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Recovering the Past

I taught the trainees this morning on the Acts of the Apostles and then the Celtic Christians, couldn't really do either justice in a couple of hours but just enjoyed engaging with Saints from the past who had their idiosyncrises but loved Jesus and loved adventure. If you've not read any Celtic stuff it's well worth it, I know there's a danger of over romanticising the past, but the sense of adventure shines through. Check out Restoring the Woven Cord if you want a good introduction. After the song "I'm coming up the mountain Lord - envelop me within the clouds" took on a whole new meaning last week (see picture and post below), I'm ready for a few more faith adventures.

One occurred at lunchtime when a young guy turned up with his friend at church wanting to see a priest. Having checked that none of the other older, wiser and better qualified ones could meet with him the office sent him my way. He was someone who had a church background had been away for a number of years, had got in to some stuff he didn't like and wanted to follow Jesus again. We talked and prayed and he said he felt happier than when he arrived (which is always encouraging and never guaranteed).

I enjoyed the conversation and look forward to the next one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home