kirbs

Monday, March 21, 2005

A Mountaintop Experience

Last week had an amazing 24 hours in Snowdonia preparing for the 15 peaks challenge. Check out our new blog that's going to keep a record of training trips etc. Suffice to say I love standing on the top of mountains. Got back Saturday and took part in a Palm Sunday service including full passion narrative at a neighbouring parish. I nearly had my head taken off as the vicar symbolically hammered on the church door with the crucifix - black rod style. No one told me this was about to happen and I was standing right behind him at the time. Had an encouraging conversation with a church leader last night about possible networks, gatherings and training for younger leaders, could be fun.


2 Comments:

  • it wouldnt let me comment by the picture but i wanted to say - i really like that picture - especially as i only managed that pass on all fours! it was 5am when we tried and i was feeling a little woolly (that's my excuse!). best wishes for your attempt - are you doing it sponsored?

    By Blogger Emma B, at 6:03 PM  

  • I also spent some of the time on all fours...and I haven't even got the 5 am excuse. We're doing it as a sponsored deal at the end of June and have set up a separate website at www.fifteenpeaks.blogspot.com to chart our training and eventual progress. Glad you liked the photo.

    By Blogger Simon, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home