kirbs

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Rite of Passage

We've just undergone a rite of passage in the Kirby household as the boys bundled me and gave me a wedgie. (For those of you unfamiliar with this expression it involves yanking someone's pants up to a painful height. It's a past time that appears to take place in school playgrounds around the country and an experience that I haven't gone through for about 25 years!) It's the first time that they've succeeded in beating me, I'm not sure if I should be annoyed that I've now got tears in my eyes or proud that my little men are becoming bigger men.....the joys of parenting.

It's been a funny week in that my dad had major surgery on his neck on monday if you want to see some gross photos check out this website about the procedure. It's funny when you see your parents vulnerable, the good news is that the op went really well and he's back home already. At the same time Sue's had a really nasty ear and throat infection that at one stage was threatening to hospitalise her as well. Hopefully every one's on the mend now and I'm looking forward to some of the creative services that are taking place at St.B's over the next few days to remind us that Jesus died for our sins and our infirmities.

Have a good Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home