kirbs

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Values and Names
 
Just working through the core values for our little adventure. So far I've got three key elements:-
 
To Grow A Worshipping Community – with a commitment to God and each other
 
To Encourage Discipleship Training – with a commitment to empowering others
 
To Engage in Mission through Networks – with a commitment to those outside the Church
 
Now I know they're not that original because I've figured out (and I probably should have got their sooner) that we're just trying to fulfil the Greatest Commandment (to love God with all your heart, soul and mind and to love your neighbour as yourself) and the Great Commission (to go into all the world and make disciples). Sometimes we overcomplicate things...
 
Now to the name I'd determined by Sunday that we will have a name and it will either be the North London Network Church or Emmanuel Network Church - I'm leaning towards the latter as I really want God to be with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home