kirbs

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Positive Influences

Having been away for a month, I've just spent some time trawling through some blogs. I'm really impressed with all of you guys who can put stuff out there on a regular basis, I've realised that just as I could never crack writing a regular diary/journal I'm never going to get too regular when it comes to blogging. (Apologies to the 14 of you who do subscribe through bloglines). I'm also concerned that I could waste a lot of time reading other people's blogs because they are fascinating and often very informative.

Thanks Andrew Jones for the link to Doug Pagitt's thoughts about emerging churches which are particularly positive in the face of some of the underlying tensions and criticisms towards the "emerging church". The last year has been
interestingas I've had to deal with some misunderstanding about some of the "emerging church" things with which I was involved, as well as pray with and envision a group of people in their twenties and early thirties who want to plant a church. Most of them are not too interested in the debate they just want to get on and make a difference. It was good to read Doug's thoughts, because they certainly reflect our heart. Over the next month we're going to have some key times thinking and praying about what we should actually do, it's exciting but also a little frightening as we do won't to come up with good ideas, we want to be truly inspired. I'll let you know what we come up with...

1 Comments:

  • Good to have you back in the blog world Si and glad it was a good time in Canada.
    fancy a trip up to Oxford and a canoe down the river before it gets too cold?

    By Blogger Matt, at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home