kirbs

Monday, January 30, 2006


Good to Go!

It's been a great weekend the culmination of which was being commissioned by St Bs and sent out to plant "The Emmanuel Network Church" (well that's the name this week anyway..). After 8 and a half great years I was asked by a couple of people if I felt sad to be going, but to be honest I feel more excited and ready. Over the next few months our community is looking to establish it's rhythm of meetings and mission. I've really enjoyed my time at St B's, made loads of friends and learnt lots about church and people. We're not going far so I'm sure "I'll be back" so to speak.
The rest of the weekend was fun as well, we got to visit Albert Square (UK sitcom set) last week and we had lunch in the canteen at the table next to Jesus (or at least the actor who played him) in Zeffirelli's film. It made me laugh - easily pleased. Saturday we managed to drag the boys around town, although we live 25 mins from the centre of London by tube we don't go in that often. We had a good time strolling around Covent Garden and then heading over to the Natural History Museum via a restaurant where we could get a two course dinner for £5 each thanks to a newspaper vouchers thing. We chose a restaurant in the right sort of direction for the museum booked a table and arrived at Grieg's of Mayfair. I think we pushed the casual dress code to the limit, I didn't order the £1500 bottle of wine and we enjoyed a great lunch before heading to see T-Rex at the museum. (He is overated). Now onwards to see what the rest of life has in store..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home